Diagnostics + SolutionsOur Workplace Health process
Corporations must have a response plan to address a known or emerging health crisis or active infection in order to mitigate harm to their employees and to the company overall.
Our Workplace Health program is based on scientific data. its design is preventative and proves impactful by greatly reducing or eliminating the employee exposure to health risks in the facility.
The foundation of our facility health program and design is data-driven by diagnostics and measurement tools, including ATP hygiene monitoring systems, UV tracing and imaging, and IAQ meters. The scientific data gathered by our Well Accredited Professionals is reviewed and analyzed with our clients, and those results drive our recommendations for the frequency and type of services necessary to produce tangible evidence of a facility’s health conditions.
We test and measure the health of facility surfaces in support of our belief that Facility Directors prefer to “trust but verify” the conditions and effectiveness of their facility health services. Unlike other companies that may promote a certain chemistry or process for maintaining the health of a facility, at DFS we rely on scientific data to drive all our service solutions.
The elements and benefits of a proactive facility health program include the following:
- Preventative measures designed to safeguard employee health
- Evidence-based approach to confirming efficacy (“trust but verify”)
- Conform with all leading industry standards
- Alleviate employee concerns for workplace health exposure
- Avoid business disruptions
- Reduce health care costs
- Reduce employee absenteeism and increase productivity
- Improve employee morale, recruitment, and retention
The DFS Green team of Well Accredited Professionals will develop a strategy for your unique workplace environment and requirements. Once our site assessment is completed, we customize a Workplace Health program that takes into consideration our clients’ facility objectives, budgets, and workflow logistics.
The facility health plan will include the following protocols:
- Proactive disinfection and enhanced cleaning services by DFS Green trained and certified Technicians to ensure facility surfaces and conditions do not carry harmful levels of bio contaminants.
- As part of our preventative holistic facility health solutions, we will review the janitorial surface cleaning scope, frequency, and products and provide instructions, guidance, modifications, and training as necessary.
- Situational planning for outbreak or health crisis events.
- Testing surface health conditions for bio contaminants on a regular basis to monitor and verify the efficacy of the holistic cleaning and disinfecting program.
Regardless of the facility type or whether our services are preventative in nature or reactive to a crisis, we strictly adhere to the highest industry standards. All our service protocols are guaranteed to exceed the standards of the CDC, EPA, OSHA, and WHO, and we guarantee compliance with the specifications of the Well Building Standard, a rating system which focuses exclusively on the impacts of buildings on human health and wellness.
Even though our Workplace Health plans are each customized to fit the needs of a particular client, all of our programs share two common denominators:
- Every facility service program is founded upon diagnostics and test measurements which provide us with scientific data-driven input and feedback; and
- Every facility service program will meet or exceed the standards of all governing authorities, including the CDC, EPA, OSHA, and WHO, and the Well Building Standard.
An effective Workplace Health program must combine Enhanced Cleaning with the disinfecting of facility surfaces in order to effectively kill pathogens and minimize the presence of bio contaminants. Disinfecting a facility is most effective when hard surfaces, carpet, and upholstery are first treated with Enhanced Cleaning measures.
Cleaning workplace surfaces is the first step the CDC recommends for the prevention of bio contaminants in a facility.
The CDC guidelines state that “Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.” Enhanced Cleaning is a prerequisite for the second step in ensuring facility health – disinfecting. “Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs remaining on surfaces after cleaning, it can further reduce the risk of spreading infection.”
DFS Green provides two layers of preventative enhanced facility cleaning:
- Self-performed periodic Enhanced Cleaning and maintenance of hard surfaces, carpet, and upholstery by trained and certified DFS Technicians.
- We embed Disinfecting Porters from our AIPE team (Accredited Infection Prevention Experts) in a client workplace to identify and remediate harmful levels of bio organisms on internal surfaces in order to maintain safe work environment throughout business hours.
Carpet & Upholstery
Textiles (carpet and furniture) act as a facility’s largest air filter collecting bio-contaminants, bacteria, soils, dust, and particulate. Unless this bacterial load is flushed from the textiles prior to disinfection, the carpet will be left containing embedded bio-matter which will provide fertile ground for recontamination and growth. The CDC recommends cleaning of carpet and upholstery prior to or concurrent with disinfection.
DFS has decades of experience in cleaning, polishing, honing, sealing, stripping, and applying coatings to any facility hard surface type including concrete, granite, terrazzo, limestone, marble, porcelain, flagstone, ceramic, wood, laminates, VCT, rubber, cork, epoxy, slate, tile facings, and grout lines. Our coatings contain antimicrobial agents that inhibit the absorption and growth of microorganisms on the underlying surface.
We apply our disinfectant chemistry through a variety of systems, featuring electrostatic sprayers, ULV foggers, and manual application.
Our V-Guard™ chemistry will eliminate 99.999% of all viruses and bacteria from workplaces, and offers the following features:
- EPA registered disinfectant (List N)
- Hospital-grade safety rating
- Eco-friendly application (requires no PPE with usage)
- Safety rating of 0-0-0 (safe to apply even in food-prep areas NSF)
- Does not alter the appearance, breathability, or performance of textiles (neutral PH)
- Non-Corrosive (no harm to workplace electronics)
- No-touch application (eliminates a source of cross-contamination)
We measure bio organism levels periodically on the surfaces in our clients’ workplaces which provides us with scientific health data which we evaluate and manage with our clients. This evidence-driven process enables us to continually improve facility health conditions and to ensure our clients’ employees are safe in their workplace.
It is understood that all employers have both the obligation and legal responsibility to provide a “safe and healthful” working environment for their employees. While this appears to be a straightforward goal, the complexities of current regulations combined with the multitude of hazardous materials in today’s workplaces can make simple and cost-effective solutions to safety and health problems elusive.
Workplace Health Dashboard
Upon completion of our Preventative Service Program, DFS will provide our clients with an easy to follow Information Dashboard that will track key performance indicators to assure that your workplace will remain safe for employees, customers and clients. The dashboard will also help indicate whether additional treatments might be necessary as well as any hotspots that will require additional mitigation.
Our Workplace Health dashboard supports facility managers and others in your organization, and provides the quick overview that decision makers need to monitor the health and opportunities of the business.